Data scientists use business acumen and advanced programming skills to build data products that are often powered by machine learning that is supported by data engineers. They create predictive models, recommender systems, image recognition software and other products that improve business process and better serve customers.
Python, R Programming, and SQL
Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning, and Data Analysis
Percent of recent job postings including a given data tool
Percent of recent job postings including a given data technique
At Amazon, we're working to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company. The goal of JP Last Mile Technology Team is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class delivery experience through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space.
JP Last Mile Technology Team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping last mile space, based in Tokyo, Japan.
The Senior Data Scientist will work closely with other research scientists, machine learning experts, and economists worldwide, to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve last mile analytics to optimize the Customer experience. The Scientist will partner with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. Science at Amazon is a highly experimental activity, although theoretical analysis and innovation are also welcome. Our scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon worldwide.
The key strategic objectives for this role include:
· Understanding drivers, impacts, and key influences on last mile delivery dynamics.
· Drive actions at scale to provide low prices and increased selection for customers using scientifically-based methods and decision making.
· Helping to build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and make decisions in real time.
· Automating feedback loops for algorithms in production.
· Develop input and assumptions based preexisting models to estimate the costs and savings opportunities associated with varying levels of network growth and operations
· Communicating with and supporting various internal stakeholders and external audiences
· Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with terabytes of data.
· Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· Knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· 5+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company, managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, Economists or equivalent fields
· Experience in hiring and leading experienced scientists
· Business level in English.
· A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 10+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
· 5+ years of experience managing Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists, and/or Economists
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval, XGBoost, LightGBM, ElasticNet.
· Functional knowledge of AWS platforms such as S3, Glue, Athena, Sagemaker.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing.
· Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Successful record of developing junior members to a successful career track
· Excited about working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture.
Using technology to address some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. This is what the AI for Good Research Lab at Microsoft does. We work on AI for societal good, sustainability and climate change, misinformation and the erosion of democracy, crimes against vulnerable populations, cybersecurity, and disaster response. These are some of the programs at Microsoft where we want you to apply your world-class expertise.
Come to work every day knowing you are working on projects that help save lives, alleviate suffering and restore human dignity. Your work will be a fusion of economics, political science and AI. It is an unusual mix of skills, and you will have access to our technology, resources, global scale, and genuine commitment to using the power of AI and technology for good to achieve those aims. We call this AI for Good, and we will empower our partners across the globe with our research, platforms and technology.
Researchers scientists, machine learning scientists and data Scientists with a background in political science, economics or related disciplines have a fantastic opportunity to join the AI for Good Research Lab that is led by Microsoft’s Chief Data Scientist. You get to work at the cutting edge of data science, with some of the brightest minds in the field, whilst knowing that you are generating solutions to some of the most demanding and defining challenges of our time. This role will report to the Deputy Director of the AI for Good Research Lab, and work closely with teams across Microsoft to deliver world class solutions to some of the world’s most pressing problems.
RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
RStudio is looking for a Data Scientist to help deliver exceptional experiences to customers and improve systems for marketing and customer acquisition. This is a unique opportunity to grow the data science foundation working for a company that’s all about Data Science.
You will work with the RStudio tool set from wrangling raw data, optimizing our campaigns and sales efforts, and all the way up to designing and deploying executive and board dashboards. This is a critical role in helping RStudio learn more about our business so that we can do a better job delivering on our mission.